Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Wikipedia Trails: From Indian Epics to Buddhi

Start: Indian epic poetry

I wasn't exactly sure where I wanted to start this week, so I figured just going with the name of the class was a good idea. I went with a search of "Indian Epics" and was taken to the page "Indian epic poetry."

Second article: Kamayani

This article I picked because when scrolling through the previous article it mentioned how this was a "modern Indian epic" so I was curious what the difference was. However, it was written in 1936 so it wasn't as modern as I thought, but I guess very modern in the grand scheme of Indian culture.

Third article: Chinta

The article about Kamayani talked about how it followed the story of a man who was emotionless and slowly started getting emotions. I was curious what was meant by this, so I followed the only emotion on the page that had a link. It also had the word anxiety beside it so I was interested to see Chinta meant meditation.

End: Buddhi

The Chinta page didn't have a ton of links to follow, so I decided to follow this one because it had the world intellect beside it and followed the emotion link from the last few articles. It took me to a page about the world in particular, but I also learned that in Hindu mythology Buddhi is the name of one of Ganesha's wives.

The only image that came up in my search, but it did come up twice


No comments:

Post a Comment