Monday, August 26, 2019

Topic Research

As I was reading the stories, I think my main focus would be how most stories of elephants are used to teach different stories and different lessons.

Story 1: Gajendra Moksha
Link
I think the key feature I would use for this story is the sin aspect. Because the crocodile represents sin. I would probably need to do more research about what elephants symbolize and why a person would come back as an elephant.

Story 2: The Elephant and the Blind Man
Link
This parable is one I had heard of before. It's about how you have to work together in a group to get the large picture and how you can't always just go based on your experiences of something.

Story 3: The Elephant and the Dog
Link
This is a really sweet story about friendship and how friends are made. The Elephant and the Dog are so close that without each other, the elephant is heartbroken. It also says a lot of Indian culture about how important the Elephant is versus how important the dog is.

Asian Elephant from Flickr Images

No comments:

Post a Comment