Monday, August 19, 2019

Storybook Favorites

First Storybook: When Trees Talk

I liked When Trees Talk because it took a significant tree in Indian culture and then wrote a story about it. The stories were very creative, taking a myth that mentioned the trees and then made it focus on it more. What I liked that most about this blog was the author's notes, because you got to see the thought process behind each of the stories and how they got there. The set up of the website was really well organized and helped a lot with navigation. I don't know much about Indian myths so it was interesting to get to read about them.

Second Storybook: Gods and Goddesses

Gods and Goddesses was really cool and I like how they formatted the stories. I like how in the introduction it set it up not by each god, but by the description of how the god acts. I thought that was a really unique set up and worked out very well for describing the god. I think the layout was good, even though I wasn't a huge fan of the dropdown list that was used for each of the story, it just was difficult to use every now and again. The titles really helped with what it was about and since I didn't know anything about the Indian gods or their stories.


Third Storybook: Looney Tunes Goes To India

Looney Tunes Goes to India caught my attention because it was so different than the other ones. The organization of this one was really good and every story was really cool. I liked how they took the same myths and just changed character names to make them a little more familiar to people like me who don't know much about Indian epics. I also liked how the author's notes included how they changed things. The design was good and I liked how you could tell the student had fun with creating their storybook.

Indian Mural from Flickr Images

No comments:

Post a Comment