Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Wikipedia Trails From Hindustani Language to Bhakti Movement

Start: Hindustani Language

Picking up from last week, the Hindustani Language was to try and get my trail back on track. I want to keep this Wikipedia Trail more focused on India and it's culture because that's what I really want to be learning about.

Second Link: Hindi

After learning how few places had Hindustani as the official language last week, I chose to look more into Hindi as a language. It was really interesting to read about how much has changed about the language and how many different variations of it there are.

Third Link: Bhakti

I'm not exactly sure what about the word made me click on it, but it did. I learned that Bhakti means "fondness for" or "attachment" and that it is usually used to describe a devotion to a god.

End: Bhakti Movement

I wanted to learn more about the overall culture of Indian so I clicked on the Bhakti movement in order to do that. While the movement happened more in medieval India and further back than I wanted to learn about, it was still really cool to read about. It was also cool to read about how it's impacted a ton of various relgions.

Meerabi, a significant sants in the Bhakti Movement from Source



1 comment:

  1. i love how you simplified the meaning of bhakti. As an Indian what I have observed is that people sing bhajans, meditate, volunteer to help out in the temple, attend temple, worship and pray to god daily which shows bhakti or ones devotion to god and accept to have faith and belief in him and strive to reach moksha- which is oneness with god using karma- actions and dharma- righteousness and rightful actions.

    ReplyDelete