Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Feedback Thoughts

Article 1: Silence the Critical Voices in Your Head by Sabina Nawaz 

Article 2: Why Rejection Hurts So Much - And What To Do About It by Guy Winch

The first article gave an example of a man named Rajeev who focused on the critical words of a critic and ignored the positive. That's frequently what I end up doing. I wouldn't see the things people said they liked about the things they're looking at for me, I just focus on what they want me to change. The article gave 4 steps of what to do to focus on the positive parts on review. I think if I did that, things would get a lot easier for me and I would be less frustrated after getting feedback. The second article pointed out how the hurt we feel when getting rejected is self-inflicted. What I found most interesting about the article is how in an MRI the same place the brain processes physical pain lights up when we think about rejection. I thought that was fascinating to read and it really made me reconsider how I look at rejection. The article proceeded to talk about stopping self criticism and having more self worth, which I think all people need to work on and also think it could help a lot of people feel better about themselves on a day to day basis.

A Quote on Thoughts from Source

No comments:

Post a Comment