Monday, August 26, 2019

Feedback Strategies

Article 1: How to Provide Great Feedback when You're Not in Charge

Article 2: How to Give Back Feedback Without Sounding Like a Jerk

The first article discussed how there's three different types of feedback. The two that I'd probably focus the most on in this class are the appreciation and the advice type. Everyone wants to feel like their work is appreciated and good, but you also want to make sure that people are going to change what you feel needs to be changed in order to get the best grade possible. If your feedback doesn't help them do better now or in the future, what's the point of it.

Article 2 says to stop praising people at the beginning of the feedback, because people are just bracing themselves for the bad stuff. He's suggesting that they need a transparent monologue and that also to make sure that you explain why they're giving the feedback.

I also have a hard time giving and taking feedback, so I think these articles will help me be better about giving out feedback and also receiving feedback about my own work.
My Peers from Source

No comments:

Post a Comment