Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Wikipedia Trails: From History of India to Yashodharman

Start: History of India 

Last week, I finished off on History of India because I liked the different places it could take me. I got to read about the general history of India and figure out what periods of history are the greatest and most important to it.


Next: Gupta Empire

I chose the Gupta Empire because many historians refer to it as the "Golden Empire of India". Many cultural developments happened in this period along with science and political developments. It was a cool era to read about, especially since the era was roughly 319 CE to 543 CE.

Next: Huna People

The Gupta Empire died out because of the invasion of the Huna people so I decided to learn more about those people. They were a Mongolian-Tibetan tribe and they were a great mix of people.


Finish: Yashodharman

The last page was the Indian King who allegedly stopped the Huna people. He was part of the Aulikara Dynasty. There are three inscriptions of Yadshodharman found in The Mandsaur

Gupta India 375 CE


No comments:

Post a Comment