Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Wikipedia Trails: From Magh Mela to India

First: Magh Mela

Last week I was really excited to learn about Magh Mela and now I think I'm going to try and learn about different festivals/ holidays/ sacred events in India. That's why I've selected my next link.

Next: Pushkaram

Pushkaram is an Indian festival dedicated to worshipping rivers. It happens on the banks of 12 various rivers and it rotates which river it is celebrated on (which is why each festival is once every 12 years). In theory it happens year round, but the most people come during the first 12 days.

Next: Ganges

Ganges is one of the major rivers that Pushkaram happens at. I picked it because it's also one of the biggest rivers in Indian and has a lot of history and a lot of stories attached to it.

Last: India

I picked India to end because I really wasn't sure what I wanted to research next and thought just going to the general India Wikipedia page would help me out and help me figure where my next Wikipedia Trail shall go.


Ganges River from Source

No comments:

Post a Comment