Friday, October 25, 2019

Week 12 Story Lab

TVTrope

This week for the Story Lab, I decided to look into the TVTrope and see what the website was about.

I was really impressed with TV Trope and how much information there is on one site! I knew TV and movies and books all share a lot of the same general ideas and general plot movements, but it was crazy to look at one movie and get everything that is involved with that movie in such detail.

The main page I looked at was The Incredibles, and I looked at all the different "tropes" that movie has. There was so much detail even just for that one movie! You never really think about all the small little tropes (some examples are  "And your dog too" and the "annoying little sibling" ones). I think it's a great resource for writers to be able to see different tropes and figure out how to play around with them.

The Incredibles from Source

No comments:

Post a Comment