Friday, October 25, 2019

Wikipedia Trail: From Indian Prime Minster to Lanuages with official status in India.

First: Prime Minister of India

While I was reading about the Prime Minster of India, I learned a lot about India politics in general. I found it interesting that based on different parties there was different ages one could be prime minster. I also saw that the salary of the prime minster increased by $900 in 3 years which is interesting to see.

Next: Lok Sabha

This is the lower house of India's government, and can be translated to House of the People. It has a maximum of 552 seats and currently 545 are filled. They last for 5 years or until a new president is instated.

Next: Rajya Sabha

This is the upper house of India's government. It can be translated to the Council of States. There's a maximum of 245 seats and currently 223 are filled. Both of the houses are equal in what they do, except in small matters.

Final: Languages with official status in India

I felt like this was a good article to end my Wikipedia Trail in. It talks about all the different languages that India has, since there is no national language. It just shows how culturally diverse India really is and I think is a good representation of India overall. I've really enjoyed learning so much about India and am very glad I choose to make one large Wikipedia Trail for my extra credit.
Emblem of India from Source

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jess! I am trying to get my last comments in so here I am! I have always seen the wikipedia trails on the assingments but have never tried it. I looks so cool after seeing someone else do it for once. I may actually try that to get any last minute points I would need! I hope you got everything you needed done!

    ReplyDelete